Friday, March 4, 2011
Wisdom Teeth!
So getting my wisdom teeth out today was quite the adventure! So because they were using IV sedation I wasn't allowed to eat or drink for 6 hours before the procedure. The appointment was ORIGINALLY at 10:15 am... so I had woken myself up in the middle of the night to get some fluids in me and a little food...Well at about 8:45am I got a call from the oral surgeon's office (I had to go to the oral surgeon because I've had clotting issues in the past and have lost tons of blood after oral surgery before, so my dentist didn't feel comfortable that he would be able to take care of it if it repeated itself) and they told me that their server was down, so they couldn't pull up my xrays. They rescheduled me for noon, sure that they would have it up by then... which meant 2 more hours of no eating or drinking! I was SOOOOOO thirsty! (I can't normally fast due to medical reasons... so it is not a fun experience for me.) Anyhow, my friend drives me to the office, where we find out the server is still down... they asked if my dentist who had referred me there had taken xrays, they had only taken bite wings, they said that would be fine.... well when we got to the dentist, who is a personal friend of mine... he informed me that the xrays he took didnt' show all that they would need, so he was going to call a different office that has a pano xray machine and ask for a personal favor... so then i had to go to another office to get that done... all of these offices are of course clear across town from each other! So after about another hour we had the pano in hand and went back into the oral surgeon where they had to fit me in... so after another hour or so they were able to take care of them... the whole crazy process took until about 3pm... at about 3:30pm I was FINALLY able to sip a bit of water... with a very numb mouth... so it wasn't easy... and got some ice cream down... but it was a classic story of my general luck. As my dentist told me when he saw my lovely teeth before he referred me out, I've got a lot of luck, it's all bad luck, but I've got a lot of it! Maybe the luck of the Irish isn't something you should all be hoping for! Pictures of my pano to come as soon as I get it back, because I'm keeping it on file at home! No more running around for me!!!!
Labels:
Monkey Monkey Underpants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment